Skip to main content
District

Campus History

A red and black cougar logo.

Pearl Hall Elementary opened its doors in February of 1956 with Ruth Roach its first principal. Prior to attending Pearl Hall Elementary, most of the students had attended South Houston Elementary. Dedication ceremonies for Pearl Hall Elementary were held on November 4, 1956, with Pearl Hall, the campus’ namesake, attending the event. Growth in enrollment was rapid and the school added a back wing consisting of six classrooms. Later in 1967, four more classrooms and two restrooms were built to connect the annex building to the main building. A larger library was provided by using the visual aid room in the main building and the old library became the music room. That same year, four new teachers were hired, bringing the total population to 36 teachers and staff members with 970 students enrolled. Title One classes for children in need were also added. In 1968, Pearl Hall received a street to their building and opened a circle drive. Pearl Hall had four sessions of Kindergarten classes, two in the morning and two in the afternoon in 1973. Ruth Roach retired in 1976 after serving as the school’s principal for 20 years. 

The school currently serves around 660 students in pre-kindergarten through fourth grades. 
 

List of Principals

  • Ruth Roach 1955-1975
  • Cecil Brown 1975-1985
  • Doyle Little 1985-1999
  • Marilyn Pavone 1999-2014
  • Allison Tamez 2014-present